FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What food trucks will be there? +
*This list is current as of 10/15/2018.
What else will be happening? +
Glad you asked! In addition to the food trucks - we will also feature local artisan retail vendors, a children’s play zone and an Old School Play Zone that will feature all of the games we grew up wIth in the 70s and 80s such as Giant Jinga, Rock Em Sock Em Robots, Cards, Dominoes, Musical Chairs, Simon Says and many more!
New for this year - we are adding a Fit at the Fest Activation (led by the Isom Zone Team!) which will include certified fitness, yoga dance and nutrition specialist helping us to offset some of the scrumptious calories we will be packing on!
And the music - can’t forget the music. We’ll have Austin’s fave female DJ Kay Cali on site spinning all of the best old school music because nothing goes better with soul food than old school music!
Do you need volunteers? +
• We LOVE volunteers! Details are over here.
How much are wristbands? +
• $10 for General Admission Wristband
• $25 for Samplers Wristband (Available Presale only)
• $40 for Judges Wristband (Available Presale only)
• $75 VIP Wristband (Available Presale only)
How much are children's tickets+
• All niños 12 and under get in for FREE!
What is included with each wristband?+
• General Admission: Entry to the fest and the option to purchase food from the 15 food trucks. Entry also includes access to retail vendors, kids zone, Fit at the Fest activities and our beer and wine garden.
• Sampler: All of the above plus a FREE sample menu item from up to 5 trucks and 12P Early Entry.
• Judges: All of the above plus a FREE sample menu item from all 15 food trucks, 2 drink tickets good for alcoholic and non-alcolic beverages, an 11am Early Entry and the chamce to vote for Grand Champion, Best Side and Best Dessert among the trucks.
• VIP: All of the above PLUS OPEN BAR, tented VIP Grove Seating and a complimentary SFTF Tee Shirt. ONLY 150 VIP TICKETS WILL BE SOLD.
• NOTE: Sampler, Judges and VIP Wristbands are available via pre-sale only. ALL SAMPLING ENDS AT 1PM
What if the weather is bad?+
• Soul Food Truck Fest is a rain or shine or event. No refunds will be given due to inclement weather. If weather becomes extremely bad, electrical power may need to be cut off for a short time. We must follow these guidelines to keep everyone safe. The weather for the day is forecasted to be a perfect 85 degrees with partly sunny skies. But - this is Texas - soooooooooooooo... #kanyeshrug
When purchasing food with the $10 wristband, will I receive a sample size or full portion at each truck? +
The $10 wristband provides you entry into the festival and all festival activities. Then, you can go to each truck and purchase full-size portions from them.
You can only receive the free sample sizes with the $25 Sampler or $40 Judges or $75 VIP wristband.
Food prices vary from truck to truck as they serve different dishes and it depends on what you buy. However, a full portion plate may range from $8-$15.
What time does the event start and end? +
• Saturday October 27th from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. VIP and Judges get in starting at 11 a.m. Sampler tickets get in beginning at noon and Gen Adm tickets beginning at 1 p.m.
Do you offer media credentials? +
• Of course, send us an email and we will get back to you right away.
What are the ADA Accomodations? +
• The Festival grounds are wheelchair accessible, but please be aware that this is a venue situated in a park. Therefore, most travel is over natural terrain. If it should rain, there may be mud in some places.
We do not provide personal care, golf cart rides, or push service. Please plan ahead and bring attendants if needed. In addition, the festival does not provide wheelchairs for rent or loan. Please make arrangements in advance if a wheelchair is needed.
Wheelchairs, power wheelchairs and three or four-wheeled scooters are allowed for use by patrons with mobility disabilities. For safety reasons, requests to use other power-driven mobility devices will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
ADA Accessible portalets are available. Please email us if there any additional needs or questions.
What is the parking and transportation situation? +
• Everyone is encouraged to use pedal power — by far the easiest (and healthiest!) way to get to the fest! Austin B Cycle has several bike share locations where you can park your car and bike in to SFTF.
• Visit our friends at Capital Metro and plan your trip using public transportation with their Frequent EVERY 15 Routes. Route 2 or Route 4 will be the best routes for getting to SFTF.
• Austin's only locally owned non-profit rideshare company Ride Austin is hooking everyone up with a $5 discount off your ride to or from SFTF! On Sat, Oct 27, enter the discount code ITIS18.
• There's street parking available in the neighborhood surrounding the George Washington Carver Museum and The Library. Please observe posted parking and traffic signs for appropriate areas.
• There is additional overflow parking available at Kealing Middle School, located at 1607 Pennsylvania Ave.
• PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF THE SURROUNDING NEIGHBORHOOD. PAY ATTENTION TO CITY SIGNAGE and DO NOT BLOCK DRIVEWAYS.
Where and when do I pick up my wristbands?+
• Show the printed or mobile version of your ticket at the gate.
How many samples do we get per Sampler or Judges Wristband?+
• One sample from up to 5 trucks for Sampler and all 15 trucks for Judges and VIP
Do I have to pay for the samples?+
• No, if you purchased a Sampler, Judges or VIP wristband. If you purchased General Admission, you will need to pay for food from the trucks.
When and how do I vote?+
• • All sampling and voting will occur between the hours of 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. ONLY. There will be voting receptacles set up throughout the grounds where you can cast your vote using the chips you will be provided when you receive your wristband at the front gate. The winning trucks will be announced at 1:00 p.m. and recognized with Champion Ribbons,
How many times do I get to vote? +
• As a Judge or VIP, you will be able to vote once in each category. You will be given 1 chip for each category.
Can I transfer my ticket? If so, how?+
• Yes. Send us an email with your name and email address used for the purchase, along with the new name and email address you want to transfer the purchase to.
What Can I Bring?+
• Small purses and clear bags
• Lawn chairs and blankets. There will be a limited amount of seating available, but lots of grassy space for you to stretch out.
• A big appetite and a great attitude!
What Can I Not Bring? :-(+
• Weapons (guns, knives, or any weapons)
• Large backpacks, book bags or non-transparent bags over hand size (any bag that is not clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and over 12”x6”x12” in size will not be allowed)
• Food and drink
• Illegal substances of any kind
• Coolers or picnic baskets
• Pets (service dogs will be permitted)
• Scooters or personalized motorized vehicles (that includes hoverboards)
• Detachable lens cameras
• Audio recording equipment
• Video recording equipment
• Remote controlled vehicles or aircraft, including drones
• No unauthorized vendors will be permitted
• No solicitations, handbills, sampling, giveaways, etc.
Will I be searched upon entry?+
• Yes. The professionals at Seraphim Security will be searching all persons and bags prior to entry and upon re-entry.
Is re-entry allowed)?+
• You are allowed re-entry, but no alcoholic beverages are allowed in or out of the event premises. You will be subject to search again upon re-entry
My company has copious amounts of unrestricted cash we need to spend as a tax write off. Can you help us?+
• Yes. Yes we can. Let's talk.