FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What food trucks will be there? +
What else will be happening? +
Glad you asked! In addition to the soul food trucks - we will also feature local artisan retail vendors, a children’s play zone that features yoga sessions for children led by Gen Z Yoga and an Old School Play Zone that will feature all of the games we grew up wIth in the 70s and 80s such as Giant Jinga, Rock Em Sock Em Robots, Cards, Dominoes, Musical Chairs, Simon Says and many more!
And the music - can’t forget the music. We’ll have a live DJ on site spinning all of the best old school music because nothing goes better with soul food than old school music!
How much are wristbands? +
• $10 for General Admission Wristband
• $40 for Judges Wristband (Available Presale only)
• $75 VIP Wristband (Available Presale only)
How much are children's tickets+
• All niños 12 and under are free.
What is included with each wristband?+
• General Admission: Entry to fest and the option to purchase food from the 12 food trucks. Entry also includes access to retail vendors, a kids zone and our beer and wine garden.
• Judges: All of the above plus a free sample menu item from all 12 food trucks, 2 drink tickets good for alcoholic and non-alcolic beverages, an 11am Early Entry and the option to vote for Grand Champion, Best Side and Best Dessert among the trucks.
• VIP: All of the above plus Covered VIP Area Access and Seating, 2 drink tickets, 1 Judges Wristband, and an 11am Early Entry.
• NOTE: Judges and VIP Wristbands are available via pre-sale only.
What if the weather is bad?+
• Soul Food Truck Fest is a rain or shine or event. No refunds will be given due to inclement weather. If weather becomes extremely bad, electrical power may need to be cut off for a short time. We must follow these guidelines to keep everyone safe. The weather for the day is forecasted to be a perfect 85 degrees with partly sunny skies.
When purchasing food with the $10 wristband, will I receive a sample size or full portion at each truck? +
The $10 wristbandvprovides you entry into the festival and festival activities. Then, you can go to each truck and purchase full-size portions from them.
You can only receive the free sample sizes with the $40 Judges wristband.
Food prices vary from truck to truck as they serve different dishes and it depends on what you buy. However, a full portion plate may range from $8-$15 depending on what items you select.
What time does the event start and end? +
• Saturday Septembrer 30th, noon-5 p.m.
Do you offer media credentials? +
• Of course, send us an email and we will get back to you right away.
Where is it located? +
• Freedom Plaza located behind Carver Museum (1165 Angelina St.)
What is the parking and transportation situation? +
• There's street parking available in the neighborhood surrounding the George Washington Carver Museum. Please observe posted parking and traffic signs for appropriate areas. Visit the Capital Metro site and plan your trip using public transportation.
• There is additional overflow parking available at Kealing Middle School, located at 1607 Pennsylvania Ave.
• PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF THE SURROUNDING NEIGHBORHOOD. PAY ATTENTION TO CITY SIGNAGE and DO NOT BLOCK DRIVEWAYS.
Where and when do I pick up my wristbands?+
• Show the printed or mobile version of your ticket at the entrance.
How many samples do we get per Judges Wristband?+
• One at each truck.
Do I have to pay for the samples?+
• No, if you purchased a Judges wristband, but if you purchased General Admission, you will need to pay for food from the trucks.
When and how do I vote?+
• You will be emailed a link to the voting poll a day before the fest. You will also be provided the link at the front gate, if needed. Voting opens at the start of the fest and closes at 4 p.m. Winner is announced at 4:30 p.m.
How many times do I get to vote? +
• As a Judge, you will be able to vote once. Voting will be associated with your purchase email address.
Can I transfer my ticket? If so, how?+
• Yes. Send us an email with your name and email address used for the purchase, along with the new name and email address you want to transfer the purchase to.
What Can I Bring?+
• Lawn chairs and blankets. There will be a limited amount of seating available, but lots of grassy space for you to stretch out.
• A big appetite and a great attitude!
What Can I Not Bring? :-(+
• No outside food or drinks are allowed. We'll have beer, wine, sodas, and water bottles available for purchase and complimentary water stations.
• Fido or FiFi. We do love animals, but no, pets are not allowed at this event.
• No guns or weapons of any kind are allowed on the event premises.
Is re-entry allowed)?+
• You are allowed re-entry, but no alcoholic beverages are allowed in or out of the event premises.